Friday, September 16, 2011

a welcome note and our first adventures.

Hello, there. Welcome to my little blog. I have another one that I post on, but I decided I might try out a new one on for size. Le Husband has been encouraging me to write more often so I decided to push myself a little bit farther and start a new blog of, well, everything.

So. I'm glad you're here! And I hope you stick around for a while...

But onto the next topic of choice: the first weeks of being a newlywed. 

I think saying that the first few weeks of marriage are an adventure is, well, an understatement.

Don't get me wrong, I love it, but it's every bit as exciting and confusing as we were told. Living with a boy is not as gross as what I thought it would be (yayyy!) but we're definitely learning what it means to be together all the time.

Here's what we've learned so far:
  • Before you call maintenance for your AC, make sure you check your breaker. Sometimes turning it on helps. But only a little.
  • The pet and smoke smell in your apartment does NOT go away with time. Definitely invest in an AirWick.
  • Electric stoves are hot. Really hot. 
  • Unpacking takes time, patience, and even more time. 
  • Also, most of the stuff you packed....really? Why do you need that? Throw it away. 
  • Gift cards are a life saver.
So there they are, some of our first life lessons together. I know we have plenty more in store but, for now, I think we'll just get used to these.

No comments:

Post a Comment