So. I'm glad you're here! And I hope you stick around for a while...
But onto the next topic of choice: the first weeks of being a newlywed.
I think saying that the first few weeks of marriage are an adventure is, well, an understatement.
Don't get me wrong, I love it, but it's every bit as exciting and confusing as we were told. Living with a boy is not as gross as what I thought it would be (yayyy!) but we're definitely learning what it means to be together all the time.
Here's what we've learned so far:
- Before you call maintenance for your AC, make sure you check your breaker. Sometimes turning it on helps. But only a little.
- The pet and smoke smell in your apartment does NOT go away with time. Definitely invest in an AirWick.
- Electric stoves are hot. Really hot.
- Unpacking takes time, patience, and even more time.
- Also, most of the stuff you packed....really? Why do you need that? Throw it away.
- Gift cards are a life saver.