Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Super Simple Pesto Sauce

Sorry for the neglect again! I think it's probably safe to say that blogging won't be a regular thing until Camp ends. Saddest day, right? Or somefing.

I thought I'd post really quickly, though, to share a recipe that I've used a few times in the past few weeks. Fiance approves, so that's how you know it's good....okay, not necessarily. Homeboy loves almost everything. But it's good, trust me.

I needed a new sauce recipe for a present I received: A PASTA ROLLER AND CUTTER ATTACHMENT FOR MY KITCHENAID! I know, right?! Fiance's parents are the best of the best. So, for homemade pasta, I knew I needed a sauce that wouldn't be too complicated so that I could focus on making the pasta itself. I adapted my recipe from none other than PW. Her Pesto Cream Sauce recipe looked so tasty, I knew I had to try it. But I didn't want to make the pesto. Lazy, right? You can judge. So here's what I came up with!

This recipe can be made per person, even for just one or two. You can make it and put it on low heat and you'll be good to go. In my eyes, it's the perfect go-to sauce!

Super Simple Pesto Sauce
Remember that this is per person, so adjust accordingly to how many you're feeding!
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 teaspoon pesto (store bought or your own, up to you!)
  • 1 teaspoons cream cheese
  • grated parmesan cheese (not the green shake-y Kraft cheese, please! It's in your best interest, promise.)

In a saucepan on medium heat, add the cream and butter.  Stir until the butter is completely melted and incorporated. Add the pesto and stir. Honestly, on the cream cheese I guessed on the measurements. I just added what looked like it would work, and would add more as it melted to thicken the sauce. It's always easier to add more, not take it away! But let's be real, cream cheese is cream cheese; I welcome it at all times. Add the parmesan cheese and stir. I usually do a generous pinch, which normally ends up being around two teaspoons. It's salty, like the pesto, so taste after you add it to see what you think!
After the cheese is melted, turn your saucepan to low heat and stir occasionally. When your pasta (measured per person) is cooked and drained, add immediately to the saucepan and stir all the lovely goodness together.

And there you have it! Tasty and simple. I don't think you could ask for anything more.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that picture on your header is ADORABLE! I avoid sauces with cream - except for ganache. But I take your word for it when you recommend it!

    ReplyDelete