Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The hunt.

It's hunting season. And no, I don't mean animals. I'm not that kind of girl.

I'm talking about job hunting. It's cruel. It's harsh. And they don't even have pre-prescribed clothing. Rude.

Honestly, the hardest part is...I have no idea what I want to do with my life. I've checked a few things off my list, but that narrows it down to, oh...everything else.

Do I want to do something creative? Yes. Do I want to help people? Yes. Do I want a career path with flexibility knowing that I want children in the future? Yes. Do I want to have fun? Double yes.

After last year, I've learned that it's not worth it to cave and just start walking in to places that I assume will be an enjoyable workplace. I'm doing my research, but it's taking more time and my results have been less than satisfactory. I usually don't consider myself a proud person, but I'm learning that I do have pride in my work ethic and education; I'm a good employee, and I'm not going to settle for a job that does my hard work and degree injustice....I think. But I don't know. Some jobs I want just because they seem fun. Or, okay, they have a good in-store discount, but is it worth it? Given my past experiences, no. It's not. At all. But the job market is basically...well, to be blunt, horrible. At least for someone like me who has no idea what in the junk she wants to do.

Basically, no one's hiring. Unless you're a welder. Which I'm not.

But hey...maybe that's a sign, huh? Welding it is. I knew this blog was good for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment