- 8 cups (13 oz box) Golden Grahams cereal
- 6 cups (10 oz bag) miniature marshmallows, divided: set one cup aside for later!
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine (make sure to cut it up! It will melt better)
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Heat the 5 cups of marshmallows, chocolate chips (If you get the smaller, 8 oz I think, bags feel free to dump the whole thing in...a little more chocolate never hurt anyone!), butter, and corn syrup in a medium saucepan over low heat. Keep stirrin' until it's all smooth and melty. Remove the pan from the heat and add the vanilla extract.
2. Refrain from eating chocolate mixture with a spoon.
3. Refrain from eating chocolate mixture with your finger. Just speakin' from experience, here.
4. Pour the cereal into a large bowl. Make sure it's big enough that you can really stir it around.
5. Pour marshmallow mixture over cereal; stir until well coated. Stir in remaining marshmallows. You have two options for serving this tasty delight (I know, right? I'm just so generous). If you want to go traditional, press the mixture into greased 9x13 pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm then cut it into bars. If you want to get fancy, cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and just dollop out some of the mixture into individual servings. Refrigerate until you can't stand it anymore and have to try one.
So there it is! Make it for your next event, pot luck, or rainy day and you're sure to be a celeb in no time.